Fun for the whole family!
Denmark is a favourite destination for families. There are plenty of activities to keep the whole family - young and young at heart - busy. Choose from a range of outdoor activites, as well as family-friendly attractions.
- Animal encounters: May through to December is whale watching season, or get up close and personal with a furry, scaly or feathered creature at an animal or bird farm.
- Sample tasty treats: chocolate, fudge, honey, cheese, toffee, icecream, berries… free tastings galore!
- Get outdoors: swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, surfing, horse riding, cycling, bushwalking ... these are just some of the fun activities for kids (and their parents!)
- Play: Denmark's Berridge Park and Community Park (both close to the centre of town) have playgrounds to keep the kids active.
- Ride: Go for a family bike ride along one of Denmark's great cycle trails. Wilson Inlet Heritage Rail Trail and Ocean Beach Cycleway are both kid-friendly trails. Ask our staff about bike hire.
- Holiday Activites: Join an organised holiday activity program - beachcombing, bush survival skills, geocaching, treasure hunts, arts & crafts... there are a range of activities to keep young minds busy. Ask the friendly staff in the Denmark Visitor Centre for a copy of the latest holiday activity program.
- Surf lessons: In the summer time, join a group surf lesson (suitable for kids of all ages) - there's no better way to build water skills and teach kids to be safe in the surf.