Back to Nature
The great outdoors awaits!
The Denmark region is renowned for its tall karri forests, gigantic tingle trees, unique wildlife, spectacular wildflowers, pristine coastline, peaceful inlets, and amazing trails. Denmark is a declared biodiversity hotspot - these areas are the richest and most threatened reservoirs of plant and animal life on earth. If you are a nature lover and enjoy the great outdoors, then you've come to the right place. Experience Denmark's stunning landscapes and get back to nature on your next visit.
Here are our suggestions for things to do on your visit to Denmark.
- Horse Riding: Experience Denmark's bushland and forests from horse-back. There are rides to suit all ages and abilities.
- Animal encounters: Experience Western Australia's unique wildlife. May – December is whale watching season or get up close and personal with a furry, scaly or feathered creature at an animal farm.
- Wildflowers: Experience the landscape come alive with wildflowers in spring - explore karri forests blooming with purple hovea and orange peas; and coastal heath bursting with pinks, yellows, and reds. Ask our friendly staff about a guided wildflower tour or how to get to the wildflower hotspots.
- Trails: Experience the real giants (tingle trees that is!) on foot as you hike the Bibbulmun Track, Western Australia's premier walking trail, through the heart of the Valley of the Giants; or experience the only coastal sections of the entire Munda Biddi Trail as you cycle between Lights Beach and Madfish Bay. Ask us about bike hire.
- Paddle: Experience Denmark and Nornalup's pristine rivers and inlets. Paddle a canoe or kayak, admire the giant karri trees that line the Denmark and Frankland Rivers, and watch the birdlife that lives along the water's edge. Ask our friendly staff about canoe and kayak hire.
- Climb: Experience Denmark's giant tingle trees at the Tree Top Walk in the Valley of the Giants.
- Dine: Experience amazing vistas from dining venues located in the heart of Denmark's Scotsdale valley.