Experience Summer in Denmark
Time to hit the beaches�
Summer (December to February) is traditionally the most popular time to visit Denmark. Visitors from all over the world flock to the region. The average daily temperature is a balmy 25°C. The fine days create the perfect opportunity for outdoor activities which become the highlight of your holiday experience.
- Building sandcastles: Warm, sunny days are perfect for enjoying a lazy day on the beach. Bring your beach umbrella, a picnic, a shovel and pail, and spend the afternoon building your own city of sand.
- Swimming in the crystal clear waters: Greens Pool is an ideal swimming spot for families with young children - the protected waters of the pool are ideal for wading and learning to swim.
- Paddling on the river: Hire a canoe or kayak and paddle along one of Denmark's peaceful riverways, gazing up at the tall karri trees that line the bank.
- Fishing on the beach: What better way to spend the day than casting a line and trying your luck at catching dinner?
- Picking berries: Summer time is berry time - blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, blackberries... Pick your own fresh berries at a local farm.